About Freedom Prepaid Card
The Freedom Prepaid Card is an Open Loop Prepaid Card issued by Development Credit Bank Ltd (DCB Bank) in association with Itz Cash Card Ltd (ItzCash) & Visa Network.
Initially the Freedom Prepaid Card is issued by DCB Bank as an Essential Service Card which can be upgraded to Open Loop Prepaid Card by submitting requisite Know Your Customer (KYC) form with documents in person at ItzCash franchisee outlet.
A new generation private sector bank, DCB Bank (Development Credit Bank) is the preferred banking services provider across 84 state-of-the-art branches located in 12 states and two union territories. The DCB Bank ItzCash Freedom Pre-paid Card is unique as it provides the convenience of cash and the safety of an account. The Bank offers mobile banking for instant money transfers in India, SMS and internet banking as well. DCB Bank provides a range suite of ‘best in class’ and ‘value for money’ deposit products for customers in Retail banking, Micro SME and SME, Agri and Inclusive banking and Corporate banking.
The Freedom Prepaid Card offers the ultimate power of controlling how you spend your money. The Card is simple to use over the Internet, at Merchant Establishments and for Cash Withdrawals at ATMs. The card also offers you the freedom of: accessibility for a number of payment services anytime-anywhere.
Safety - Store and keep your money safely on the Freedom Prepaid Card. Freedom Prepaid Card is safe as it has 16 digit card no. embossed on the front of the card. The back of the card has a magnetic stripe; this has an inbuilt security feature and a signature panel for the card holder to sign. Besides, a transaction PIN & ATM PIN is sent to the customer for doing transactions & withdrawing cash, which has to be kept secure and confidential by the customer.
Accessibility - Access your fund which is stored on the card from anytime and anywhere.
Convenience - Offers you a convenient way to use for online and POS transaction.
Cash Out - Withdraw money from any Visa powered ATMs as per your requirement.
Freedom Prepaid Card has 16 digit card no. embossed on the front of the card. The back of the card has a magnetic strip; this has a built in security feature and a signature panel for the card holder to sign.
The Freedom Prepaid Card allows you to enjoy a variety of services which include payments for various services like electricity bill payments, renewal of DTH subscriptions, booking rail & air e-tickets, citizen services by government or government bodies, cash withdrawals at ATMs, shopping at merchant establishments having tie-ups with ItzCash or DCB Bank as the case may be.
How To Use Freedom Prepaid Card
- Here is how to use the Freedom Prepaid Card to make a simple payment over the internet.
How to book rail e-tickets with Freedom Prepaid Card: Simple steps
1. Visit www.irctc.co.in and login with username and password (or register if you are a new user).
2. Enter journey detail and Submit, later select train and enter the passenger details and Submit (maximum of 6 people per ticket).
3. Select ItzCash as the mode of payment and enter your Freedom Prepaid Card Number, Expiry date and Date of Birth.
4. Take a print of electronic reservation slip and carry the same at the time of your journey.
Note – You can use your Freedom Prepaid Card for Online Shopping, Movie Ticket booking, Bus ticket booking, only if you have upgraded your card. To view a list of services for upgraded card visit consumer.itzcash.com
- Payment at Merchant Establishment
The Freedom Prepaid Card can be used at various Merchant Establishments across India which accepts Visa Cards.
Here is how to use your Freedom Prepaid Card at your favorite outlet.
1. Look for a VISA / VISA Electron sign at the point-of-sale merchant establishment. The merchant must have an electronic point-of-sale card swiping terminal.
2. Present the Freedom Prepaid Card after making your purchase.
3. The Freedom Prepaid Card will be swiped by the merchant for authorization.
4. Your account will be subsequently debited for the transacted amount.
5. A sales slip will be generated.
6. Check and sign the sales slip. The signature must match that on the reverse of the Freedom Card.
7. Ensure the Freedom Prepaid Card is returned.
Please note that since signature verification is essential for the Freedom Prepaid Card transactions, you need to be physically present along with your Freedom Prepaid Card at the time of purchase i.e. the Freedom Prepaid Card cannot be used for Mail Order, Telephone Order.
Note – You can use The Freedom Prepaid Card can be used to pay at any Point of Sale (POS), only if the card is upgraded.
- Cash Withdrawal at Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
You can use the Freedom Prepaid Card at all VISA ATMs across India to withdraw money.
1. Visit any ATM which accepts VISA / VISA Electron Cards
2. Insert Freedom Prepaid Card in the slot provided
3. Select Language
4. Enter 4 digit Freedom Prepaid Card ATM Pin.
5. Select Savings Account
6. Select Withdrawal
7. Enter the amount to withdraw
8. Select OK
9. Collect the money
10. Collect your Freedom Prepaid Card
Note: At ATM the customer can withdraw cash as per the prepaid available balance subject to bank rules. Cash out feature is available for upgraded cards only.
Verified by VISA (VBV) is now active on all ItzCash DCB Freedom Prepaid Card.
Verified by Visa provides complete assurance of safety when you make payments online. VBV adds security to your Visa enabled Freedom Prepaid card, ensuring that only you can access your card.
Below are the easy steps to follow to secure your Freedom Prepaid Card, using VBV:-
1. Please shop/select the items online
2. To make payment, select the credit/debit card option & enter your Freedom Prepaid card number, expiry date, CVV2 and click on submit
3. A secured portal comes up, asking for your VBV details and password for 2nd factor authentication.
4. Please enter your Freedom Prepaid card number & IPIN and click on submit.
5. After authentication the transaction will be processed through the completely secure payment gateway, enabled through VISA.
Please note that ItzCash registers IPIN and Card number for VBV at the time of generation
Card Reload, Limit and Upgrading card
The Freedom Prepaid Card can be reloaded at any ItzCash World outlet; you can reload the card for a minimum amount of Rs. 250 and a maximum amount of Rs. 10000. To locate an ItzCash World outlet close to you visit consumer.itzcash.com or SMS FINDICW_FREEDOMDCB_Pincode and send it to 57575 ('_' denotes space).
You can upgrade your card by completing the KYC Form and submitting all the documents at your nearest ItzCash World Franchisee to locate your nearest ItzCash Franchisee Click Here
On upgrading your card the maximum amount you can reload on your Freedom Prepaid Card is Rs. 50000/-, you can reload your card at your nearest ItzCash World Franchisee.
How to reload your Freedom Prepaid Card through Net banking/Credit Card /Debit Card you can follow these simple steps to reload your card:
- Visit consumer.itzcash.com and click on the Login Section
- After logging in with your Card Account No. and IPIN, click the “Reload Card” link. Select the record and click on submit
- Enter the Reload Amount & select Payment Mode and click on “submit”
- Verify the Reload Amount & Click on “Confirm”
- The transaction will be routed to the CC Avenue page where you need to enter billing details & select the payment option with bank name
- The transaction will be routed to the bank Payment Gateway page where you need to enter card details.
- On successful authentication from bank transaction will be completed
- Click on the “Print” button to view/ take printout of the transaction receipt.
The Freedom Prepaid Card is valid for 5 years from date of manufacture.
KYC Application Form
The KYC form provided in the welcome kit will enable you to upgrade your Freedom Prepaid Card, once you upgrade your Freedom Prepaid Card you can increase the card limit to ` 50000/-. You can also swipe your card at all Visa Merchant establishments and withdraw money from all Visa /Visa Electron ATMs.
You can submit the completed KYC Form along with required documents at your nearest ItzCash franchisee.
Terms & Conditions
The Freedom Card ("The Card") is issued by Development Credit Bank Ltd. (DCB Bank) having its Registered office at 301, Delta Plaza, 414 Veer Savarkar Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400 025, India, on the terms and conditions detailed here in. “ItzCash” refers to Itz Cash Card Ltd. a company incorporated under Indian Companies Act 1956, and having registered office at 10th floor Times tower, Kamala Mill compound, lower parel, Mumbai 400 013. ItzCash has been appointed as Business Correspondent and Program Manager for the Freedom Card program by DCB Bank.
IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions Governing the Freedom Card
- Important - Please make sure you have read these Freedom Card terms and conditions carefully before using the Freedom Card. By using the Freedom Card you are unconditionally accepting the terms and conditions listed hereunder and will be bound by them and you accept the onus of ensuring compliance with the relevant Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Regulations, and the rules and regulations framed by Reserve Bank of India as amended / modified and any other corresponding enactment in force from time to time
- The Freedom card holder acknowledges and understands that Freedom card is being issued to the cardholder on the basis of the application. Card Validity and Cardholder Obligations
- The Freedom card is valid for 5 ye ars from the date of manufacturing printed on the card.
- The issue and use of the Card shall be subject to the rules and regulations as issued by DCB Bank & the Reserve Bank of India and othe r regulators from time to time.
- Freedom Card shall be valid only for transaction options, as permitted by DCB Bank from time to time in India, at POS e-commerce & all VISA ATMs.
- Freedom Card will be at all times the property of DCB Bank and shall be returned to DCB Bank unconditionally and immediately upon DCB Bank’ s request. The Cardholder is requested to ensure that the identity of the Bank’s Officer is established before handing over the Freedom Card.
- The Freedom Card is not transferable or assignable by the Cardholder under any circumstances.
- You must sign the back side of Freedom Card immediately upon receipt. You must not pe rmit any other person to use it and should safeguard the Freedom Card from misuse by retaining the Freedom Card under your personal control at all times.
- The Personal Identification Number (PIN) issued to the Cardholder for use with the Freedom Card or any numbers chosen by the Cardholder as a PIN, will be known only to the Cardholde r and are for the personal use of the Cardholder and are non-transferable and strictly confidential. A written record of the PIN number should not be kept in any form, place or manner that may facilitate its misuse by a third party. The PIN should not be disclosed to any third party, either to staff of the Bank or to merchant establishments, under any circumstances or by any means whe ther voluntary or otherwise.
- The Cardholder’s Freedom Card will be debited immediately with the amount of any withdrawal, transfer and other transactions effected by the use of the Freedom Card. Sometimes the transaction amount and / or tips, surcharge or exceptional transaction amount would be debited to your account subsequently / at a later date. The Cardholder will ensure that he has sufficient balance on the Freedom Card to meet any such transactions.
- The Cardholder shall not be entitled to withdraw funds by the using of the Freedom Card in excess of the sufficient balance in the Freedom Card .
- The Cardholder will be responsible for transactions effected by using Freedom Card whether authorised by the Cardholder or not, and shall indemnify ItzCash (business correspondent of DCB Bank)against any loss or damage caused by any unauthorised use of the Freedom Card or related PIN, including any penal action arising there from on account of any violation of RBI guidelines or any other law being in force in India and / or state continent / territory law being in force in India notwithstanding the termination of this agreement.
- You hereby undertake to destroy the Freedom Card when it expires by cutting it into several pieces. You can approach any of the BC Sub-agent for card renewal or closure before expiry. DCB Bank reserves the sole right of renewing your Freedom Card account on expiry.
- The Cardholder will inform ItzCash (business correspondent of DCB Bank) for any irregularities or discrepancies that exist in the transaction details at an ATM / merchant establishment within 07 days of the transaction processed. If no such notice is received during this time, ItzCash will assume the correctness of transactions.
- Annual fees will be debited to your Freedom Card at applicable rate as mentioned in user manual. These fees are not refundable and subject to changes from time to time. Charges for other services will be levied to the Freedom Card, at prevailing rates.
- Transaction fees for cash withdrawals / balance inquiry and / or other transactions wherever applicable, will be debited to the Freedom Card at the time of posting debit entry of the transaction amount or at the end of day.
- The Charges / fees applicable on the usage of the Freedom Card maybe revised/changed by DCB Bank/ItzCash from time to time without prior intimation to the Cardholder(s).
- Any charges / fees appearing in this terms and conditions does not include service tax and / or any other cess / taxes the same may be collected in addition to such fees as applicable from time to time.
In the event that the Card is lost or stolen, the occurrence must be reported to ItzCash Helpline immediately by fastest means of communication followed with a written communication. A copy of the acknowledged police complaint must accompany the said written confirmation.
You hereby undertake to indemnify ItzCash/DCB Bank fully against any liability / (civil or criminal), loss, cost, expenses or damage that may arise due to loss or misuse of the Freedom Card in the event that it is lost and not reported to ItzCash/DCB Bank, or lost and misused before ItzCash/DCB Bank is informed. Provided you have in all respects complied with the terms and conditions, a replacement Card may be issued at the sole discretion of ItzCash/DCB Bank at the applicable fee .
If it is determined that you were grossly negligent or fraudulent in the handling of the Card , the Bank would not entertain any request for refund / reimbursement of fraudulent usage of the Lost / Stolen card. If any amount is credited to your Freedom Card based on your representation and / or any information provided by you, the Bank would recover the amount from you without any prior notice. You hereby undertake to indemnify ItzCash/DCB Bank fully against any liability, loss, cost, expenses, damage that may arise due to your negligent or fraudulent handling of the card.
Should you subsequently recover the Freedom Card as, it cannot be used. Please destroy the Freedom Card by cutting it into se veral pieces through the magnetic strip.
In case of purchase transactions, a sales slip with the signature of the Cardholder together with the Card number noted thereon shall be conclusive evidence between DCB Bank and the Cardholder as to the extent of the liability incurred by the Cardholder and DCB Bank shall not be required to ensure that the Cardholder has received the goods purchased / availed of the service to the Cardholder’s satisfaction.
DCB Bank shall make bonafide and reasonable efforts to resolve an aggrieved Cardholder’s disagreement with an applicable charge indicated in the account statement or as otherwise determined by the customer within two months of the receipt of notice of disagreement. If after such effort DCB Bank determines that the charge is correct, then it shall communicate the same to the Cardholder.
DCB Bank/ItzCash accepts no responsibility for the refusal of any establishment to honour the Freedom Card.
This agreement will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of India. All disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Mumbai in India irrespective of whether any other Court may have concurrent jurisdiction in the matter.
The Cardholder will be liable for all the costs associated with the collection of dues, legal expenses (should it become necessary to refer the matter to any agent), or where legal resources have been butilized in the resolution of a dispute.
Call us at our Customer Care Centre No. 07666155220 or e-mail us at
or write to us at Itz Cash Card Ltd. 10th Floor, Times tower, Kamala city, Lower Parel, Mumbai-400 013.
These terms and conditions and / or the operations of the Freedom Card, DCB Bank and the use of the services provided by DCB Bank shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of India. The customer and DCB Bank agree to submit to the exclusive Jurisdiction of the Courts located in Mumbai, India as regards any claims or matters arising under these terms and conditions. The mere fact that any service can be accessed through internet, mobile or phone by a customer in a country other than India shall not be interpreted to imply that the laws of the said country govern these terms and conditions and / or the operations in the said accounts of the customer and/or the use of any of these services.
Verified by Visa (VBV)
Description of (VBV)
Verified by Visa provides you with a way of increasing security for online transactions by reducing the chances of fraud for those transactions. Registering for Verified by Visa involves providing personal information to DCB Bank, which is then used to confirm your identity in conne ction with future online transactions for which Verified by Visa is used. Verified by Visa also may be used for record keeping and reporting purposes, as well as to help re solve transaction disputes.
- You acknowledge and agree that, except as otherwise provided by any applicable laws DCB Bank/ItzCash shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Terms & Conditions.
- You agree that DCB Bank/ItzCash shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of Verified by Visa.
- Under no circumstances will DCB Bank/ItzCash be liable for consequential, incidental, special or indirect losses or other damages, such as any damage to your computer or telephone service resulting from your use of Verifie d by Visa.
- DCB Bank/ItzCash assume no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any damages to, or any viruses which may affect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or downloading from, this Web site.
- You agree that 'on line alerts ' are sent by the ItzCash/DCB Bank to the Mobile number registered for SMS alerts with the ItzCash/DCB Bank and you shall take steps to get registered for 'SMS alerts' to receive alerts for transactions done on your Free dom Card.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY ANY APPLICABLE STATE LAW, DCB MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT VERIFIED BY VISA OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. VERIFIED BY VISA IS PROVIDED AND MADE AVAI LABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” B ASIS.
For detailed and updated terms and conditions please refer www.consmer.itzcash.com The above term and conditions are subject to change periodically at the discretion of ItzCash/DCB Bank.